Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Gläser-Karosserien-Forum

Das Gläser-Logo ist ein geschütztes Markenzeichen der Karosseriewerke Dresden GmbH!

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten
und wurde 786 mal aufgerufen
 Europäische Karosseriebauer
pnegyesi Offline

Gläser Anfänger

16.10.2012 16:38
(H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

Lajos Zupka set up his carriage company in 1886. His son, Lajos Zupka jr. attended coachbuilding courses in Paris at the turn of the 20th century. When he returned home and joined his company, he persuaded his father to work on automobiles.
Eventually in 1922 a new company, Lajos Zupka and Son was registered. Lajos Zupka sr died in 1923. Lajos Zupka jr. led the company, who was joined by his son, Lajos and daugher, Margit before the 2nd World War.
The Lajos Zupka&Son company shot to fame when they bodied a Mercedes-Benz for Count Joseph Habsburg, who was a prominent figure in Hungarian politics. They were also regular participants at the Budapest Concours d'Elegance events between 1928-1931 and from 1934 again.
A Zupka-bodied Mercedes was awarded in 936. In the late 1930s Zupka built a few steel bodies based on MAVAG-Mercedes chassis. The company survived the 2nd World War, partly because Margit was married to a Swedish businessman and the Zupka company received some protection.
The family emigrated to Switzerland, except Lajos Zupka jr who tried to save his company. Eventually it was confiscated by the Hungarian state in 1949. The last member of the Zupka family left Hungary in 1956.

For further information and photos on 106 Hungarian coachbuilders, please check this link (unfortunately only available in Hungarian):
http://magyarjarmu.hu/ipar/karosszeriakeszitok/

FrankWo Offline

Gläser Profi

17.10.2012 14:51
#2 RE: (H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

Hi, Pnegyesi,

and welcome in the forum.

Do You know about a book for the Hungarian car history or in special about the (most important) of the 106 H-coachbuilders?

Question and greetings is sending You FrankWo.

pnegyesi Offline

Gläser Anfänger

18.10.2012 10:43
#3 RE: (H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

Hi
There is a book on Hungarian car history, but it is only available in Hungarian.
http://www.veteran.hu/a-magyar-auto?page...6&category_id=6

If you wish I can arrange a copy for you

There are zero books on the complete history of Hungarian coachbuilders. There is a 3-book volume published on the history of Uhri/Uhry (forerunner of Ikarus works), with a 4th volume coming out soon.
If you are interested, I can also arrange copies for you

Regards
Pal Negyesi

FrankWo Offline

Gläser Profi

18.10.2012 19:59
#4 RE: (H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

Hi, Pal,

thank You for Your answer.

with the 1st. title > The Hungarian text means > 248 pages ; 500 pics ; 4.800 Ft = ~18;--€ and add. sending-rate?

For zero/nothing about Your cachbuilders - am I to early for asking for it - or, maybe, in a few years You would be able to answer with 'yes' for the same question?

Best wishes and greetings from GER to HUN is sending You Frank (Wollenberg)

pnegyesi Offline

Gläser Anfänger

19.10.2012 06:09
#5 RE: (H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

The Magyar Autó books costs EUR 33 including p&p

I see that the 4th volume of Uhri is out now:
http://www.marotikonyvker.hu/products/product_8300.html

I did not calculate p&p, but I assume the four-volume set costs EUR 75 (all hard-cover), p&p would be somewhere in the EUR 30 range

Regards,
Pal

FrankWo Offline

Gläser Profi

19.10.2012 11:56
#6 RE: (H) Zupka Lajos Antworten

Hello again You, Pal,

and thank You for Your answer.
In first I am very interested to add a copy of the 'Magyar Autó book' for complete 33;--€ to my (~1.500-car-books-)collection.

The rest will be half-private - not insterested for the open part of this forum. So, I will write Yu a PM for more ...,

... with greetings, Frank.

Sprung  

Willkommen im Oldtimer Forum für Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserien!

Dies ist ein kostenloses Forum, das allein dem Erhalt und der Pflege aller Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserie aus Dresden und Weiden i.d.Oberpfalz und der Kommunikation der Fans dieser Fahrzeuge untereinander dienen soll. Gäste können alle Beiträge lesen und beantworten, aber keine eigenen Themen erstellen. Die volle Funktionalität steht nur Mitgliedern zur Verfügung, die sich vorher mit Ihrer e-mail Adresse kostenlos angemeldet und den Link in der Bestätigungs e-mail angeklickt haben. Die Anmeldungsdaten werden beim Host des Forums gespeichert und nicht für Werbung oder ähnliche Zwecke verwendet. ACHTUNG! Das Einstellen von Bildern (Fotos, Screenschots...), die nicht nachweislich selbst erstellt, vom Urheberrechtsinhaber freigegeben oder frei von Rechten Dritter sind, ist ausdrücklich untersagt. Das Einstellen politischer oder sittenwidriger Inhalte ist ebenfalls untersagt. Der Betreiber des Forums ist nicht verantwortlich für den Inhalt von verlinkten Seiten!

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz