Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Gläser-Karosserien-Forum

Das Gläser-Logo ist ein geschütztes Markenzeichen der Karosseriewerke Dresden GmbH!

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten
und wurde 1.134 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen, Tips, Hilfe zu "Gläser"...
RonKoks Offline

Gläser Anfänger

06.10.2014 15:37
Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Recently, I purchased a Nash Ambassador 8 Cabriolet from 1936. From the history of Nash we know that Nash didn’t build convertables of this straight 8 Ambassador. The previous owner told me this Nash was converted by Gläser in Dresden. All I know of its histor is, that it was transported to the Netherlands in 1973, by a surtain Mr. Heinhuis from Enschede in Holland. He picked it up in the city Assens on the Danish island, and brought it to the Netherlands. We also know it was owned by the company “Collector Cars” in the city Zwevegem in Belgium. In the same year it was registred in the Belgium city Zelzate. We would like to have some more information about this Nash. Perhaps there is someone on this forum that can have some background information.

Many thanks in advance.

Ron Koks The Netherlands.

Angefügte Bilder:
DSCN9046.JPG  
Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

06.10.2014 22:52
#2 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hello and welcome,

to help you to identify your car, we need some better pictures especially of:

- top of the A-pillar
- interior (door and window handles, seats,etc.)
- convertible mechanism
- windscreen mechanism

Is there a number on the lower side of the hoods hinge (Motorhaubenscharnier)?

The convertible mechanism and some other details look like gläser, some don´t, but the quality of the picture is not good enough to see details

Viele Grüße, Axel

RonKoks Offline

Gläser Anfänger

15.10.2014 19:16
#3 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Dear Axel,

Many thanks for taking the afford to helpus with the identification of my Nash Glaser?
There are no numbers at the hinge you asked about. I hereby enclose some detail pictures of the specific parts you mentioned. I hope you have enough material to Judge my Nash.

kind Regards
Ron

Angefügte Bilder:
DSCN9086.JPG   DSCN9087.JPG   DSCN9090.JPG   DSCN9091.JPG   DSCN9092.JPG   DSCN9093.JPG   DSCN9095.JPG   DSCN9097.JPG   DSCN9098.JPG   DSCN9100.JPG   DSCN9101.JPG   DSCN9102.JPG   DSCN9103.JPG   DSCN9104.JPG   DSCN9106.JPG   DSCN9107.JPG   DSCN9109.JPG  
Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

16.10.2014 00:48
#4 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hello,

very nice car, but i don´t think it´s a Gläser body, as many details don´t look the way Gläser made them in 1936.

On a Gläser i haven´t seen Kiekert (the firm is still the biggest supplier of car locks in the worls!) car locks by now. Even if similar door handles were used on many Gläser bodies, the whole door locking mechanism and wooden parts look really different.

Also the locking points for the roof aren´t "Gläser Style", like the bent frame of the windscreen!

Also the three door hinges aren´t typical Gläser like many other little details.

Perhaps some one can identify this probably european body!

Good luck and if you find it out somewhere else, please inform us!

Viele Grüße, Axel

steyr12 Offline

Gläser Profi

16.10.2014 22:08
#5 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hi,
would be interesting to have a picture of the bulkhead inside the engine compartment especially upper right right side to see if there are 4 screw holes for the Gläser data shield.
Also a picture of the top of the A pillar of the bodywork where the top meets the body and windshield and a picture of the complete windshield from the front of the car.
Gläser had a patent for their top mechanism. Where are the spring for the top located? Cant really see it on the pictures provided.
Kind regards
steyr12

steyr12 Offline

Gläser Profi

27.10.2014 21:57
#6 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hi,
to help you i would need the pictures i ask for in my last notice.
steyr12

RonKoks Offline

Gläser Anfänger

29.10.2014 15:09
#7 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Dear Steyer 12,

Thanks for the help you offered. I uploaded the pictures you asked for. Hope to hear from you again.

kind regards
Ron Koks

Angefügte Bilder:
DSCN9268.JPG   DSCN9269.JPG   DSCN9270.JPG   DSCN9273.JPG  
Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

29.10.2014 18:30
#8 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hi Ron,

i still can´t tell 100% if it´s an Gläser body or not! Some details look like Gläser, some not! The view from the front looks like Gläser, but i haven´t seen a bent windscreen frame by now!

Perhaps Thomas (Steyr12) can tell more!

Have you searched your car for Gläser Numbers?

Here you can see where to look for them:

Stellen an denen die Gläsernummer zu finden ist...

The second picture in the links shows the hinge of the hood, which is easy to look up. Is there a piece of alloy screwed on top of the a-pillars? If yes, open the screws and search the underside of the alloy piece for a number.

Even if it´s not a Gläser, it´s a beautiful car!

Viele Grüße, Axel

31 Gläser Offline

Gläser Fortgeschrittener

29.10.2014 21:32
#9 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Looks like one from Højer

Angefügte Bilder:
bht_81_1985_27b.jpg  
steyr12 Offline

Gläser Profi

29.10.2014 23:02
#10 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

thanks for the pictures of your Nash. I agree with Axel. Some similarities with Gläser practice. I always thought that only Gläser used 2 handles to open the door so this could be a strong point but i stand to be corrected in that point. The bulkhead looks reworked so we will not find the 4 holes for the Gläser serial number plate. Next step is to look in the places where Axel said und to look at the places the link of Axel shows to find any number.
Have made pictures of a Gläser Steyr 120 top in Salzburg recently .To me the mechanism looks very similar.

To the last black and white picture i see a similarity but the doors open on the other side and has only 2 windows.
steyr12

Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

31.10.2014 00:48
#11 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hallo Thomas,

hast Du noch mehr Bilder von dem Steyr 120 Gläser? Mich würde die Innenausstattung und insbesondere die Türverkleidungen interessieren! Wenn ja, kannst Du die bitte unter der Steyr Kategorie einstellen.

Viele Grüße, Axel

Buick 40CC Offline

Gläser Anfänger

31.10.2014 13:43
#12 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hallo Axel,
ich habe heuer im Frühjahr 10 aussagekräftige Bilder von dem fraglichen Steyr 120 Gläser gemacht und kann diese gerne persönlich senden, bitte um mailadresse,
mf
manfred.loy@aon.at

steyr12 Offline

Gläser Profi

31.10.2014 18:00
#13 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Servus Axel,
hab nur Bilder vom Dach gemacht weil ich die Bilder mit dem Nash vergleichen wollte.
Manfred ist ein ausgezeichneter Fotograf und hat sicher tolle Bilder .
Bitte aber wenn möglich auf der Forumseite für Alle zugänglich machen.
steyr12

steyr-benz Offline

Gläser Profi

31.10.2014 20:52
#14 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hallo, habe auch 3 Bilder von dem 120er, aus Essen.

Gruß Steyr-benz

Angefügte Bilder:
steyr 120er Essen.jpg   steyr 120er Essen1.jpg   steyr 120er Essen2.jpg   steyr 120er Essen4.jpg  
steyr-benz Offline

Gläser Profi

31.10.2014 20:55
#15 RE: Nash Ambassador 8 from 1936 Gläser ? Antworten

Hallo, da sind auch noch Bilder drin.

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/and.../195110446.html

Gruß Steyr- benz

Sprung  

Willkommen im Oldtimer Forum für Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserien!

Dies ist ein kostenloses Forum, das allein dem Erhalt und der Pflege aller Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserie aus Dresden und Weiden i.d.Oberpfalz und der Kommunikation der Fans dieser Fahrzeuge untereinander dienen soll. Gäste können alle Beiträge lesen und beantworten, aber keine eigenen Themen erstellen. Die volle Funktionalität steht nur Mitgliedern zur Verfügung, die sich vorher mit Ihrer e-mail Adresse kostenlos angemeldet und den Link in der Bestätigungs e-mail angeklickt haben. Die Anmeldungsdaten werden beim Host des Forums gespeichert und nicht für Werbung oder ähnliche Zwecke verwendet. ACHTUNG! Das Einstellen von Bildern (Fotos, Screenschots...), die nicht nachweislich selbst erstellt, vom Urheberrechtsinhaber freigegeben oder frei von Rechten Dritter sind, ist ausdrücklich untersagt. Das Einstellen politischer oder sittenwidriger Inhalte ist ebenfalls untersagt. Der Betreiber des Forums ist nicht verantwortlich für den Inhalt von verlinkten Seiten!

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz