Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  

Gläser-Karosserien-Forum

Das Gläser-Logo ist ein geschütztes Markenzeichen der Karosseriewerke Dresden GmbH!

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten
und wurde 1.837 mal aufgerufen
 Ford, Lincoln
steyr-benz Offline

Gläser Profi

28.05.2006 20:29
Lincoln Typ L Fahrgestelle Antworten
Hallo,
hier ist ein Bild, wie die Fahrgestelle von der Firma Lincoln an die Firma Gläser aufgeliefert wurden.

(Aus dem neueren Gläser-Buch)

Angefügte Bilder:
Lincoln.JPG  
David Clement Offline

Gläser Anfänger

26.07.2008 03:32
Lincoln Antworten

Hi Axel,
Greetings from Gold River, California.
I enjoyed seeing your Lincoln car chassis photograph published in "The Fork and Blade" Vol 47 Issue 1 page 37. I can tell you that the chassis is a 1929 or a 1930. This is based on the curved front bumpers, high radiator shell, Depressbeam headlights, and full crown front fenders. Based on the size of the front and rear hubcaps, I believe this chassis also has wooden spoke "artillery style" wheels on it. The front hubcaps are sightly smaller that the rear hubcaps. Factory steel spoke wheels used in 1929 and 1930 had the same size hubcaps both front and rear. The car chassis behind the Lincoln are not Lincoln. They have cowl lights on their front fenders, the radiator shell and hoods have a slightly different design, and there is an emblem or badge on the headlight bar between the two front headlights, which Lincoln did not use. The headlights on these chassis also are not Lincoln Depressbeam lights, but could be French "Marchel lamps" Could these chassis be all Hispano Suisse? Note the large radiator emblem on the second car.
I would like to thank you very much for sending this Glaeser factory photo to our Editor and sharing it with the members of The Lincoln Owners Club in the United States. I collect all 1920-1939 Lincoln car sales and service literature. I have many black and white photographs in my collection, but yours is one of the best. I was very excited to see it. I have some information about the Lincoln Salon Shows that appeared German cities from "Ford im Bild" One of the Glaeser Bodies may have been on display during the Salon. I know most of the semi-custon and factory production bodies that were used on the Lincoln chassis in the United States, but I know little about the custon Lincoln bodies built in England, France, and Germany.
Any member wishing to contact me in the US, is welcome. Mit schoene Gruesse aus Kalifornia! My e-mail address is: david.clement@sbcglobal.net My telephone number is 916-638-7314. I live near Sacramento, CA.

Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

27.07.2008 01:52
#3 RE: Lincoln Antworten
Hi David,

thanks for your great information about the Lincoln Chassis!
It´s a pity, that we don´t have a picture of this car with the completed Gläser custom body. But I hope we´ll find one some day.
I´m not sure with the second car. In the 20ies Gläser made custom bodies for many different luxury car firms. An old Gläser-worker told me, that they even have built one on a Isotta-Fraschini chassis!
Your hint with the emblem on the headlight bar was great. First I thought it was a 1929 Cadillac chassis, as these models had a V8 or V16 sign on their headlight bars, similar hoods and similar radiator shape, like in the last picture, but the radiator emblem was only a little round badge and different to the badges on the chassis cars.
Now i´m pretty sure that these are 1929?? Cadillac LaSalle. If you compare the pictures below with the chassis photo, the radiator shape, the radiotor emblem, the headlight bar with emblem and even the hoods and the location of the air scoops? are identical. As it seems, that these cars were delivered together, i think the cars behind the Lincoln are american cars too.

Viele Grüße, Axel

Angefügte Bilder:
27lasalleroadster.jpg   29lasV8sportphaeton3speed_VOLO.jpg   29sportcoupe.jpg  
Steyr 530 Offline

Gläser Profi

02.05.2009 01:21
#4 RE: Lincoln Antworten

Hallo,

in einer "Motor und Sport" Ausgabe von 1932 habe ich die folgende Abbildung einer Lincoln Cabriolets gefunden, bei dem es sich um eine Gläserkarosserie handeln könnte. Leider war das Bild nur mit "Lincoln Cabriolet" unterschrieben

Ich meine neben dem Reserverad eine Gläserplakette erkennen zu können. Die Stoßstange, die Scheinwerferposition, die dünnen Trittbretter etc. entsprechen zu dem dem obigen Bild, auf dem das angelieferte Lincoln Chassis zu sehen ist.

Wer mehr weiß, oder den genauen Typ kennt, bitte melden!

Viele Grüße, Axel

Angefügte Bilder:
Lincoln M+S 1932 Heft 32 Forum.jpg  
FrankWo Offline

Gläser Profi

02.05.2009 20:20
#5 RE: Lincoln/1932 Antworten

Ich habe 'Brunn & Co'/Buffalo-NY-USA als KB ...,

... mit Grüssen, FrankWo.

Sprung  

Willkommen im Oldtimer Forum für Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserien!

Dies ist ein kostenloses Forum, das allein dem Erhalt und der Pflege aller Fahrzeuge mit Gläser-Karosserie aus Dresden und Weiden i.d.Oberpfalz und der Kommunikation der Fans dieser Fahrzeuge untereinander dienen soll. Gäste können alle Beiträge lesen und beantworten, aber keine eigenen Themen erstellen. Die volle Funktionalität steht nur Mitgliedern zur Verfügung, die sich vorher mit Ihrer e-mail Adresse kostenlos angemeldet und den Link in der Bestätigungs e-mail angeklickt haben. Die Anmeldungsdaten werden beim Host des Forums gespeichert und nicht für Werbung oder ähnliche Zwecke verwendet. ACHTUNG! Das Einstellen von Bildern (Fotos, Screenschots...), die nicht nachweislich selbst erstellt, vom Urheberrechtsinhaber freigegeben oder frei von Rechten Dritter sind, ist ausdrücklich untersagt. Das Einstellen politischer oder sittenwidriger Inhalte ist ebenfalls untersagt. Der Betreiber des Forums ist nicht verantwortlich für den Inhalt von verlinkten Seiten!

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz